12.23.2011

DIY Wrapping Paper


I am not one to buy gift wrap these days. I have more fun with rolls of brown/white craft paper and paper lunch bags. You get more for your buck, you can personalize the package and you can keep things simple or get super creative. I am always excited to see what we come up with.

I kept the kiddos busy (and of course I had to join in on the fun…which turned out to be extremely therapeutic) this morning with a “decorate-it-yourself wrapping-paper-color-fest.”  How do you like that name?  

Here’s how we made it:

Step One:
Roll out a few feet of craft paper.

Step Two:
Collect all of your red and green crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.





Step Three:
Color, scribble, doodle, all over the paper.  








Step Four:
Wrap. J 

I would love to show you a sample photo of a beautifully wrapped gift – but I am a little behind in that department.  Somebody spent waaaay too much time coloring. Actually, this project took less than 20 minutes. Maybe it was the cookies and milk that side tracked me. Oh well...'tis the season!




Happy Wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment